Painting of the internal door frames is now complete. Undercoat plus three coats of eggshell and I’m happy with the finish. I’ve removed all the masking tape I used and sanded down the doors where a little wayward paint had landed, so job well and truly done and dusted.
The utility room, the last room to be decorated, has now overtaken most of the rest of the barn in its level of completeness. Having been painted last month, I then installed skirting boards and have started installing shelving, using wood reclaimed from the animal stalls that once occupied the part of the barn where the kitchen is now.
I started work on a large high-level shelf that will run at the same height as the top of the wall cupboards in the kitchen and help tidy up the slightly off centre vent pipe for the kitchen extractor fan and provide some more much needed storage.
I’ve managed to sort out my EPC for the barn and the ‘HETAS certificate of compliance‘ that is needed for the stove and flue installation, so it’s been a hot month for documentation!