Building Progress ~ June 2011

The newly laid lawn is now thick, green and lush, like any overly hirsute youth with a green mop and the need for a good haircut. Shame my lawn mower is currently in pieces and won’t start… I guess the strimmer will have to do.

Pointing is pretty much done – my official announcementis here.

I’ve completed boarding over / boxing in the eaves. I boarded over the gap with black painted plywood screwed to the weather board and wooden blocks that I inserted into the gap between the wall and the weather board. I then filled any large gaps between the boards and the wall with expanding foam and then pointed all along the join between the boards and the wall. I then repainted those areas where the mortar had spilt over onto the boards (although I’m not 100% happy with some areas where the paintwork isn’t so tidy) and put mesh over the open ends of the weather-boards to allow some airflow.

We’ve also completed painting the second bedroom and I’ve laid the oak flooring. At least I know that the flooring was well acclimatised as it’s been sitting around ready to be fitted for 18 months now. I managed to fit it in a day and thanks to my knee protectors all the kneeling didn’t cripple me as fitting the landing floor had with unprotected knees. Quite pleased to have a second bedroom, rather than a one bedroom house with a junk / store room.

At long last I’ve also tidied up the cables from the satellite dish that ran along the foot of the yard side gable-end. I housed the cables in some standard white trunking placed along the space where I’d hacked away the old lime mortar at the bottom of the lime-washed wall then used lime mortar to seal in the trunking and tidy up the bottom of the wall.

By MBCadm1n-000

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

No widgets found. Go to Widget page and add the widget in Offcanvas Sidebar Widget Area.